Selwyn’s community plan — time to have your say
To support our district into the future, we’ve prepared a comprehensive Long-Term Plan for the next 10 years – and we’re looking for your feedback.

Trial a free Selwyn bus service these holidays
For two days these holidays the Selwyn Youth Council is providing a free trial nine-stop bus service for the whole community.

Growing population calls for intersection upgrades
Two major intersection upgrades are underway to improve traffic flow in the increasingly busy district. The upgrades include traffic light installation, street lighting upgrades, storm water upgrades and footpath and cycleway installation.

New Lincoln Bridge – get on it
The new timber bridge in the Lincoln Esplanade Reserve has been completed. The new bridge – which crosses the Liffey Stream between Esplanade Reserve land south of Moffat Drive and Ryelands Drive – is a wonderful addition to Lincoln’s network of walkways.

Council Services on ANZAC Day

The following changes to Council services and facilities apply for ANZAC Day (Wednesday 25 April):

Council Service Centres/Libraries

Waste (Rubbish, Recycling, Organics) collections
Rubbish and recycling normally collected on Wednesday 25 April (ANZAC Day) will be collected on Saturday 28 April.

Pines Resource Recovery Park
Open from 1–4pm.

Selwyn Aquatic Centre
Open from 1–8pm.

Rolleston Community Centre
Closed for ANZAC Day commemorations.

Lincoln Event Centre
Open from 10am–5pm, with an ANZAC Service taking place at 2pm.

The Council's phone helpline will continue to operate 24 hours a day for urgent matters. Please phone 347 2800 or Darfield 318 8338.

Consultations Open

Consultations Open

Draft Long Term Plan, Draft Walking/Cycling Strategy and Action Plan

Road closures

From Monday 30 April, road closures will be in place at Jones Road/Hoskyns Road as part of the intersection upgrade works currently underway. The road closures will allow the new road pavement to be constructed in the shortest timeframe possible to minimise disruption.

Only a single leg of the intersection will be closed at a time in order to maintain short length detour routes. Stages of closures will be:

Stage 1 closure – Hoskyns Road, north of intersection

Stage 2 closure – Jones Road, west of intersection

Stage 3 closure – Jones Road, East of intersection

Detour routes

Signed detour routes will be via Links Road, using the Izone roundabouts and connecting side roads.


Each stage is expected to take one week to complete, however work is weather dependent. Closures will remain in place until each stage is completed and will be removed before next closure takes effect.


Please call 03 359 9145 for further information.

Selwyn Arts Directory – register your listing now

Arts, Culture & Heritage Selwyn is producing a free art guide for Selwyn. The directory will be distributed across Selwyn and Canterbury to let residents and visitors know about artists, arts groups, art tutors and galleries in the district.

Register your listing for free by Friday 25 May.

Boil Water Notice lifted – Edendale

Residents on the Edendale Water Supply are advised they no longer need to boil water.

Residents on the Edendale Water Supply are advised they no longer need to boil water. Council has received water sampling results showing that the water is now safe to drink.

You are no longer required to boil your drinking water. If you have any questions please contact the Council Helpline on 03 347 2800 or 03 318 8338.

We appreciate your patience while the Boil Water Notice has been in place.

Alcohol Licensing

Alcohol Licensing

View Alcohol Licensing Public Notices