Pines Resource Recovery Park
Location: Burnham School Road (between Dunns Crossing and Burnham Roads).
Phone: (03) 347 2026
Standard Open hours:
* Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
* Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm
We provide three separate collection services:
- The Recycling Collection picks up recyclable material that is left outside gates in 240 litre yellow top wheelie bins or 60 litre crates on a fortnightly cycle. The collection covers over 90% of the District's households. Participation in the recycling collection service is compulsory for households on the collection route. Those households not on the route but wanting to participate in the recycling collection can apply for a wheelie bin or two crates and transport them to a collection point. Charges for the recycling services are charged on a yearly basis.
- The Organic Collection picks up garden and food waste that is left outside in 240 litre lime green top wheelie bins on a weekly cycle. This service is only available in the larger townships at present and is slowly being extended to smaller townships as demand dictates. This collection is funded on a user-pays basis. Those who wish to use the service pay a (very reasonable) yearly charge for their wheelie bin.
- The Rubbish Collection takes general household rubbish on a weekly cycle. Householders have three choices of rubbish containers, namely 60 litre official Council rubbish bags, 80 litre and 240 litre dark green or red top wheelie bins. The Council has set waste collection fees and charges to encourage waste minimisation and provide a financial incentive to households that reduce their rubbish.